more advanced TO processing(!?)

1997-04-22 03:21:00
A colleague has recently been "playing" with my procmail recipes for his
own evil intents. At one point he was maligning my use of smartlist
because the TO macro was not picking up the fact that the mail was
addressed to an account in his domain. Looking at the mail revealed that
(as is the norm) the mail did not have a TO line specifically
identifying the recipient, but this information is obtainable from a
$ ! Received:.*for <?\/[^>;]

I appreciate that for most people the fact that their procmailrc is
processing the mail is indication enough that they are the recipient but
in our cases the procmailrc belongs to an account which represents our
virtual web domain and so we have various mail identities routed through
it.

The question is, is this the correct way to deal with mailing list
addressee extraction, if not what is and finally is the above regexp
sufficient for "all" cases/mailers?

Neil Horlock
neil(_at_)devserver(_dot_)ft(_dot_)com