Re: sendmail's procmail mailer and multiple recipients

1997-04-22 14:21:00
On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Philip Guenther wrote:

Since you didn't give us any idea what your need is, there's no way
to answer your question.  You *have* to be specific in describing
your problem/need: there are too many "close but wrong"
non-solutions to do otherwise.

    I have a working solution already, but I'm always open to better
or faster ways of doing it.  I am not yet at the point where I'm
begging for help on the list.  ;-)  I've read your advice regarding
the separation of transport (via mailertable in sendmail) and delivery
(via procmail) and I'm modifying my method based on your suggestions.

    My current method relies on virtusers mapping user(_at_)domain to
domain-wide procmailrc's, but as you know, that doesn't account for
cases where headers aren't a reliable source for the true identity of
the local recipient (e.g., multiple local recipients).
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob(_at_)netcom(_dot_)ca)