Re: Procmail + rmail (Emacs)?

1997-04-24 19:42:00
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 10:16:05 +0300 (EET DST)
From: era eriksson <reriksso(_at_)cc(_dot_)helsinki(_dot_)fi>
CC: procmail(_at_)Informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE

  As for the bugginess of Gnus, I'd be interested in knowing which
version you tried. I use 5.2.40 or thereabouts (aka 5.3.something) and
it's pretty robust. If you tried out one of the beta versions, don't
expect it to be flawless.

I tried 5.4.15, and now that you mention it, it looks like a beta. The
problem I was having was when trying to split an existing RMAIL file
into several mail groups. When I entered one of the mail groups, it
showed the titles (subjects) for the messages in that group; but when
I tried to read one of the messages, the message and the title shown
would not match (that is, it would show a totally different message
than the one on the titles window).

Also, I tried respooling the RMAIL file several times, and ended up
with a huge RMAIL file with four or five copies of each message.

Perhaps I wasn't doing this the proper way; perhaps nnbabyl is not the
best mail back-end for gnus.

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--