Procmail + rmail (Emacs)?

1997-04-21 17:20:00
Hi,

I just installed procmail vv3.11pre6 1997/04/11, and it looks very
good. I'm using rmail from emacs to read/send mail. I'd like to know
if rmail+procmail is a viable combination. Specifically, I have the
following questions:

1. How do I make rmail see the mail folders created by procmail? Let's
   say I'm splitting mail into $HOME/Mail/IN.<folder name>; how do I
   make rmail fetch new mail from these folders instead of
   /var/spool/mail/$USER?
2. Can I make rmail read the procmail folders and create a separate
   RMAIL file for each of them, possibly inside $HOME/Mail as well?
3. If (1) and (2) are possible, how do I manage the multiple RMAIL
   files from rmail, other than remembering them and opening each of
   them separately? Perhaps rmail+procmail is not a good idea? In this
   case....
4. What other mail readers do exist for emacs? I did try gnus, but it
   seemed buggy to me, specially when respooling an existing RMAIL
   file. I think there's something called VM, but I don't know it.

Please CC me if you answer, since I'm not subscribed to this
list. Thanks in advance.

--
Gonzalo A. Diethelm G.
gonzo(_at_)ing(_dot_)puc(_dot_)cl