Re: filtering messages inside digests

1997-05-01 07:58:00
David W. Tamkin wrote:
No, there isn't, but I'd suggest taking some precautions so that procmail
will recognize the split-out pieces as having come from the SAMBA Digest.
Here are two ideas.

Ah yes.  I did notice that some of the messages inside the digest seem
to be Bcc's to the list, so these precautions are necessary.  A third
idea I thought of was to use "-a samba" in the call to procmail, but I
like your method of adding a header best.

For the record, here's what I'm settling on for now.  Since the
digest subject line includes the digest number, I decided to include
the whole subject in the X-Split-From: header.  (And this is after
lots of other filtering.)

## samba lists
# First get what's already been split out of the digest
:0:
    * ^Subject: \/SAMBA digest
    * ^From:(_dot_)*samba(_at_)arvidsjaur\(_dot_)anu\(_dot_)edu\(_dot_)au
    | formail +1 -A"X-Split-From: $MATCH" -ds procmail

    # if we've gotten this far, we just want to save it to the samba folder
    :0:
    *
    samba

  Guildenstern: "So there you are."   |
rfunk(_at_)peri(_dot_)acs(_dot_)ohio-state(_dot_)edu
  Rosencrantz:  "Stark raving sane."  |
rfunk(_at_)marvin(_dot_)uts(_dot_)ohio-state(_dot_)edu
 (Tom Stoppard, Ros. & Guil. Are Dead)|http://er4www.eng.ohio-state.edu/~funkr