Re: Blind carbon (Bcc) detection

1997-05-02 01:51:00
On Thu, 1 May 1997 17:34:57 -0400 (EDT),
rik(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com (Rik Kabel) wrote:
Has anyone a method to recognize receipt of blind carbon copies? I have
embarassed myself once by bouncing a message bcc'd to me as if it were
spam, and am loath to do that again.
Although the expansion of ^TO (and ^TO_) includes Bcc, it seems that mail
clients do not bother with using it.

There is no way you can do that from looking at the headers only.
This is a FAQ or possibly +the+ most FAQ on this list and as such
I've included a sort of reply in my attempt at a Procmail FAQ --
check it out at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html>

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--