Re: filtering my own mail

1997-05-02 06:53:00
On Fri, 2 May 1997 07:08:56 -0500, Tim Tsai <tim(_at_)futuresouth(_dot_)com>
wrote:
  I am trying to filter mail sent to myself (I bounce Usenet
posts/mailing list mail to myself a lot).  The first entry works fine
when I am at the sendmail client but I can't seem to get the second to
match when I am at the server.  A sample header would be:

From tim  Fri May  2 07:08:04 1997
<...>

:0
* $ ^From(_dot_)$LOGNAME(_at_)(_dot_)*futuresouth(_dot_)com
* $ ^From."$LOGNAME[ \t]"
me

Why do you expect +either+ of these conditions to match the above example?

What do "when I am at the sendmail client" and "when I am at the
server" mean?

Try this:

    :0:
    * $ ^From[  ]$LOGNAME[      ]
    me

The stuff in the brackets is a space and a tab. Note that Procmail
does +not+ interpret \t as a tab character. Double quotes are matched
verbatim in recipes. If you want to "or" two conditions, the recipe
you tried does not work. (I'm not too sure about what you wanted so I
won't elaborate. If you can describe what exactly you had expected to
happen and why, I'm sure the list can help you write a recipe to do
just that.)

Hope this helps,

/* era */

--