Unidentified subject!

1997-05-02 09:57:00
Hi all procmail expert,

I've got some question of using procmail to do a mailing list.

My Condition
1. A user a/c which support procmail
2. No root access

My requirement
1. When someone send mail to this a/c (let say john(_at_)domain(_dot_)name)
with subject "subscribe", it will do the following:
a) Save the sender's a/c into a file. e.g. sender.list
b) Reply the sender a mail which told him/her a welcome message.
I've solve this part by man procmailex, however, one problem is that
sender.list won't make a new line for each a/c. So later i don't know how
to deal with for the following problems.

2. When someone send mail to john(_at_)domain(_dot_)name with subject
"unsubscribe",
it will do the following:
a) Remove the sender's a/c from the file sender.list
b) Reply the sender a goodbye mail.

3. When someone send mail to john(_at_)domain(_dot_)name with any subject, it
will do
the following:
a) First check if the sender's name is in the file sender.list,
if yes, then forward the mail to all user in sender.list (Using BCC so
other just get the field "From: john(_at_)domain(_dot_)name" without other's
a/c in
sender.list
if no, then do nothing and the mail is the mailbox.

Thanks for your help. ;)

John