Re: adding a file

1997-05-05 04:08:00
On 05 May 1997 09:45:42 +0200,
Guy Geens <Guy(_dot_)Geens(_at_)elis(_dot_)rug(_dot_)ac(_dot_)be> wrote:
"Chris" == Chris Allen <chrisall(_at_)dtc(_dot_)net> writes:
 Chris> I want to add a file to every mailing that is send out. How can
 Chris> I do this?
<... recipe snipped ...>
Put this before the recipe that sends out the mailing. Or, you might
want to combine it with the recipe that sends out the mailing:

Of course, in a typical newbie setting, the real question is really
"how do I invoke Procmail on outgoing mail", the answer of which will
depend +very+ much on things unrelated to Procmail and instead related
to what mail client you are using and what you might be persuaded to
use instead of that, in some cases.
  (I think this could be a good one to include in the FAQ, by the way.
Any volunteers? If you are handling your outgoing mail with Procmail,
would you be prepared to contribute your annotated setup to the FAQ?
Please contact me in private if you want to volunteer, but please
don't do any unnecessary work ... I'll try to coordinate the efforts.)

/* era */

(naively expecting a massive flood of responses)

That FAQ is at http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html
... for the record. Perhaps I should change my .sig.
.sigh.
--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>