Re: comsat/biff notification

1997-05-06 00:12:00
On Mon, 5 May 1997 21:47:02 -0800 (AKDT),
Todd Nagengast - Systems Wrangler <tsgd(_at_)alaska(_dot_)net> wrote:
On Tue, 6 May 1997, Ken Bass wrote:
On Mon, 5 May 1997 16:43:47 -0800 (AKDT), you wrote:
I may be blind, but I looked through the man pages and I can't find
a way to toggle notificatin to biff/comsat of a new message.
COMSAT=off
COMSAT=on
That would be globally in the .procmailrc. I'm looking for something that
can be set rule by rule.

I do believe the setting will take effect starting on the line where
you set it and prevail until you set it to something else. Meanwhile,
why not use a more capable biff? (If you're on X, I like the features
of Xbuffy, although the version I've been using seems a bit buggy in a
couple of places. If you use bash, it can monitor various files for
you.)

/* era */

BTW, I believe that should be COMSAT=no to turn it off,
COMSAT=anything to turn it on, with anything =~ /(_dot_)*(_at_)(_dot_)*/ being
special
case (see the manual).

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>