Implementing lists with procmail

1997-05-16 06:26:00

        Hi, folks.

        I'm sure the following will be very basic for most of you...
however, here it is:

        I'm interested in creating a mailing list with procmail. I would
very greatful if you could send me a brief step-by-step explanation (or
links to documents or reports in Internet) on how to do it. For example,
these are the points that confuse me more:

        - Do I need two mail adresses (one for the listserver and
the other for the list) ? Or is it enough only one?

        - Which is the best (best=most secure) strategy to avoid
ringing-mail? (This point is really important).

        - How do I implement the tipical features a listserver manages?
(DIGESTS, sending ack's to the sender of the message, etc). Also, I'm sure
the data of the people subscribed to the list is stored in a file. Which
information do you store in it, in order to implement all this features?

        As always, some rc-examples are welcome. As long as I'm sure this
has been already discussed, please send the answers directly to me.

        Thanks all for your time.

Jordi Garcia Busquets
jordi(_at_)hades(_dot_)udg(_dot_)es
University of Girona. Catalunya. Spain