lockfile option to suppress "giving up on" message

1997-05-22 10:08:00
Stephen, would you consider adding an option to lockfile to tell it not
to generate the standard lock-exists failure message?  Perhaps -q.

When I use lockfile in a script I check the error code and act
appropriately, so I don't want

    lockfile: Sorry, giving up on "foo.lock"

displayed, but I'd prefer not to discard stderr entirely so I can get
the error messages which indicate something unusual went wrong (out of
memory or whatever).

--
Roderick Schertler
roderick(_at_)argon(_dot_)org