Re: some problems...

1997-05-22 09:41:00
On Tue, May 20, 1997 at 02:01:45PM -0500, Philip Guenther wrote:

Glitch #4: ^MAILER_DAEMON is a good thing, but it kills mails from root@, and
it's bad... we have several recepients who write from root (don't tell me
"it's wrong" -- yes it is, but tell it to THEM). BTW, sometimes some blasted
old PC software, designed for UUCP uses root as standard name. How to
use MAILER_DAEMON and still accept mail from roots?
I've never heard of "^MAILER_DAEMON".  Perhaps you mean "^FROM_MAILER" or
"^FROM_DAEMON"?  Either way, you can replace the condition:

      * ! ^FROM_DAEMON

with:
      * -1^0 ^FROM_DAEMON
      *  2^0 ^(((Resent-)?(From|Sender)|X-Envelope-From):|>?From ).*root

and you'll get the desired effect (beware if you have other scoring
condition on that recipe!).  The same thing works for ^FROM_MAILER.
(And to anyone who thinks the ".*root" will accept too much, think
*really* hard before you say so...)

        Now I feel very stupid. 'Cause these FROM_DAEMON and FROM_MAILER
are still too restrictive and I can't figure out how to add another condition...
I've got several users who write from postmaster (someone in the dark past
used root and postmaster as default names in the old UUCP software for PCs)!
Also I saw postmast somewere in the logs. Grr. They scream and complain :(
How to add postmaster and postmast to these two rules (well... I've read
man procmailsc, that's why I feel stupid...)?

--
Roman V. Isaev                         Moscow, Russia
Homepage ------------> http://accessnet.ru/lp/rm/index.html