Re: MIME digests and formail

1997-05-27 11:13:00
Stefan Monnier writes on 23 May 1997 at 21:01:00
era eriksson <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> writes:
What's wrong with feeding it to a real true MIME decoder?

1 - it's almost what formail already does (only extended to another case),
   so it seems stupid to need another external program.

my reading of the "formail" man page leaves me with the feeling that
formail's current digest bursting functionality is more a side-effect.
That is the -d and -s options are useful on their own in a utility
such as formail and have uses outside of splitting digests.

   Dan
------------------- message is author's opinion only ------------------
J. Daniel Smith <DanS(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com>
http://www.bristol.com/~DanS
Bristol Technology B.V.                   +31 33 450 50 50, ...51 (FAX)
Amersfoort, The Netherlands               {info,jobs}(_at_)bristol(_dot_)com