Re: Mailinglist problem

1997-05-27 12:11:00
Dirk Allard har May 26, ytret følgende ord om ,,Mailinglist problem'':
: I wish to install a mailinglist on my account. My problem: I only have one
: address. My first idea was to put a line "test-ml" in the first line of
: mailing-list mails, to filter by :0B: and then forward to a local
: majordomo-account. It works - nearly. When sending a mail from my own
: account I get an endless loop :-(

If you can find some header from which you can identify mail sent by
majordomo, you can simply test on that, before you forward to majordomo,
otherwise you can add an X-Loop using formail:

:0 fh
| ( formail -A"Precedence: list" -A"X-Loop: your(_at_)mail(_dot_)address" )

in a block before majordomo gets the mail, and test on it together
with any other criterion to identify mail for the list:

* ! ^X-Loop: your(_at_)mail(_dot_)address

Another way is to unsubscribe your own address from the list,
and use the 'c' flag on the majordomo recipe, so that the message
will pass on, to be delivered to one of your folders as well.
(That is in fact the method I use for my own manual lists.)
but then, you will lose any information majordomo might add...

--
:-- Hans Georg           --- student of 'Life, the Universe and Everything'
<georg(_at_)ii(_dot_)uib(_dot_)no>  (stud.oecon. stud.scient.)

,Studenter, ta fri, det er vår !'