Re: The Safe backup in procmailex

1997-05-29 13:03:00

On Thu, 29 May 1997, Matthew G. Saroff wrote:

      Does anyone out there have a variant of this that might keep the
last N messages in a mail folder as opposed to separate files?  It would
be easier for me to evaluate this stuff if I could load it into Pine and
look at the headers in a list, as opposed to reading each of the files
separately.

If you can get pine to read your backup directory as a MH style
folder, it will not be an issue.  However, despite the fact that
many people said it can be done, and having followed the best instructions
to the letter... I have not managed to get pine to read MH style folders.

I believe there is either an environment variable or a dotfile that must
be setup, and that this is not documented anywhere.

I have received responses to this question from people who claim to know how
to make pine work with MH folders, but I believe they have not done so
successfully themselves.

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl(_at_)conservatory(_dot_)com>
]---l-i-v-i-n-g