Re: Unable to post???

1997-05-29 21:43:00
Well, first: I use root for such things as you do (sometimes); but I
create sub accounts, when possible.
However, I'd like to hear your opinions on this matter . . .
(Off List)

Secondly: I believe you can alter your from field via the following
method:

First, enter pine config (S C) (from the main menu).
kNow, look for  a field called "customized-hdrs".
Then, bring up the help on that field . . .

Note: you might first want to write down the "ritch header set" (ctrl-r
from with in the composer's header); you'll need to enter them here.

Next: enter the change option for that field, and enter:

from: <your standard address>,to:,cc:,bcc:,lcc:,attachmnt:,subject:,[etc.]
(there's more of them; but you'll find them in the ritch headers list)

After exiting config, you can change your from field, by entering ritch
headers, while in the composer, and editing the from: line...

Note: this is untested; although I have been planning to empliment it for
several days now.

Let me know of your results!

Luke