Re: searched, lurked... autoresponse + forward?

1997-06-04 04:01:00
Apparently the recipe was rewrapped by your editor. So it probably
doesn't.

Currently messing around with a Win95 client hooked up to the Unix box and
well, the mailer does seem to mess things up major league.  Perhaps it is
time to return to X:)).

* [iI][nN][fF][oO]@
This should probably be
 * ^TOinfo@
(Procmail is case-insensitive by default.)

This is useful to know, I tend to be very cautious in such things as a rule
(must be all those years programming).

You should perhaps use X-Loop instead -- this is a special case in
e.g. formail's eyes. X-Rinfo will most likely be stripped by anything
that sends an autoreply to your autoreply; X-Loop stands a small
fighting chance.

I presumed that either would be stripped in /any/ case.  I put this in to
stop any local mail loops if I had botched the recipe (I have done that
before!).

ation" -I "From: Information_Server <info(_at_)rayware(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>"
:0 ah
| cat - /var/spool/mail/auto.info 2>&1 | $SENDMAIL -oi -t -f sysbot
}

(Wrapping obviously broken.)

(See how you are yourself setting it up to +not+ insert a Re: and +do+
in effect direct replies back to itself? Perhaps you should add a

I have thought about this, it just seemed neat to get the mail from the
thing you wrote to IYSWIM.  You have made me think though - I shall I think
change it!

Is it wise to keep the response message in /var/spool/mail? (I mean,
it won't break anything, but will you remember where it is three weeks
from now?)

It has been there a few months now but I take your point.  To my way of
thinking it had the advantage of having all the mail bits together ...

Try this:

   :0ch
   * ^TOinfo@
   * ! ^X-loop: info(_at_)rayware(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk
   * ! ^Subject: Re:
   * ! ^FROM_DAEMON
   | ( formail -rt  -A"X-Loop: info(_at_)rayware(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk" \
    -I"From: Information Server <info(_at_)rayware(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk>" \
           -I"Reply-to: nobody(_at_)rayware(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk" ;
       cat /var/spool/mail/auto.info ) 2>&1 | $SENDMAIL -oi -t -f sysbot

This is off the top of my head and I might have missed some subtleties
in the original.

I will cheers.

---
Ian