Re: Matching A Missing Subject: Field

1997-06-06 09:29:00
On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, J. Daniel Smith wrote:
--
Here's what I do:

# be sure all messages contain a Subject: line
:0
* ^Subject:
* !^Subject:[         ]*(Re:?)*[      ]*$
{ }
  ^^^

I believe I follow the recipe till I get to the empty nesting brackets.
What is their purpose?

:0Ehfw
| formail -I "Subject: [no Subject: given in original message]"
SUBJECT=`formail -zx "Subject:"`

Regards,

Dave/Webmaster

           Join www.cauce.org | Join Joke-L
  Hit SPAMMERS Where It Hurts | Listserv <listserv(_at_)ddave(_dot_)com>

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide
the bodies of the SPAMMERS that I killed."