Re: Matching A Missing Subject: Field

1997-06-07 04:47:00
On Fri, 6 Jun 1997, Mike A. Harris wrote:
--
* ^Subject:[   ].*$

I don't know if that is right or not, but I'm trying to learn
regex's and anyone's comments/criticism is certainly welcome.
Inside the square brackets is a tab character and a space.

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried your recipe and it seems to match on just
about anything in the Subject field.

* ! ^Subject:  # this one inverts the conditon and matches a missing field

* ! ^Subject:.*[^       ]   # matches a bare Subject: that may be followed
                            # by a tab or space but does not match any
                            # printing characters

Regards,

Dave/Webmaster

           Join www.cauce.org | Join Joke-L
  Hit SPAMMERS Where It Hurts | Listserv <listserv(_at_)ddave(_dot_)com>

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide
the bodies of the SPAMMERS that I killed."