Multilogging

1997-06-06 11:58:00
Anyone have a suggestion for sending log stuff to multiple files?
I would like something like this:

LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/global.log
LOGABSTRACT=yes
LOG=`formail -X To:`"
"

:0
* special case
{
  DATE=`date +%m-%d`
  ALSOLOG=$MAILDIR/special-$DATE.log

  # special stuff
}

I know I can process the log with perl to create special logs, but
I would rather have it done automatically. (Particularly since not
everything for special case has a "To:" line, so spliting stuff out
becomes hairy.) If logs to something like `tee -a foo | cat >> bar`
work that might help, but that would not allow easy file locking.
(Does procmail lock the logfile? If not, why?)

Elijah
------
Please do not CC me when replying to the list.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.