Re: Problems with FORMAIL

1997-06-17 17:15:00
On 17 Jun 1997, Stefan Monnier wrote:

Liston Bias <bias(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com> writes:
We have compiled procmail as the MDA for our system.  I do not have a
/etc/procmailrc.  Should I?  I don't see a need to recompile at this
time since it is working, but I just might go ahead and do so.

Either I don't understand what you said or you're confused: there's no need to
recompile in order to get procmail to use /etc/procmailrc.

I am confused...  I did not think I needed to recompile procmail to use an
/etc/procmailrc file.  I wasn't sure, however, how the global procmailrc
file works. If I create a /etc/procmailrc will that automatically be read
by all procmail recipes?  I assume this is not meant to be
/etc/.procmailrc.

- Liston

- Liston Bias                       You must get involved to have an impact.
  Alumni of Oklahoma State Univ     No one is impressed with the
  Alumni of Florida State Univ      won-loss record of the referee.
                                              -John H. Holcomb
  bias(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com
  http://www.pobox.com/~bias