Re: Comments?

1997-06-18 06:23:00

wwgrol(_at_)sparc01(_dot_)fw(_dot_)hac(_dot_)com (W. Wesley Groleau x4923)
writes:

[ snip ]

About new-lines (or lack of), I guess I did not communicate clearly.  I
was thinking that a weighting scheme that tried to add demerits for
each regexp would add only once for a single line that had five matches
in it.  Is this the case?

If so, then

:0B
* -80^1
* 100^1 money

would not catch a message that had two blank lines followed by
MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY
        This would get caught.  I just tested this on my mail filter
        and in the log file I see that it got a score of 14.  (one for
        the "money" in the recipe and 13 for the others.)

--
-Andrew Feren  (feren(_at_)ctron(_dot_)com)
 Cabletron Systems Inc.