Re: Those Curly Brackets

1997-06-18 18:35:00
On Wed, 18 Jun 1997 you (kle(_at_)uni-paderborn(_dot_)de) wrote:
There's a fundamental difference: In the first case there is a
dependency between the two recipes (if 1. condition => 2. recipe is
choosen), and in the second case what happens is, that if 1.
condition => deliver to default location.

Thanks to you and era for help with this.  But actually I think the
second half of your statement is wrong (as I've argued in private
mail).

The empty double braces do NOT mean "deliver to $DEFAULT".  They
turn the recipe into a non-delivery recipe and whether its
conditions succeed or fail, the mail item will fall through to the
next recipe for handling.

If this loud and confident statement of mine is wrong, as a newbie
I dutifully await correction. :-)

el bid