Re: Newbie Question

1997-06-23 15:36:00
Steve Gulick <sgulick(_at_)flyonline(_dot_)net> writes:
I am trying to set up procmail to store all users email in $HOME/Mail/inbox
instead of /var/spool/mail on my linux box.
Everything seems to store in the right mailbox but.. Eudora won't retrieve it.
What am I doing wrong??

You failed to tell the POP daemon to look there.  I see two solutions:

1) Fetch procmail 3.11pre7 from ftp.informatik.rwth-aachen.de in the
        directory /pub/packages/procmail
2) Fetch cucipop from /pub/packages/cucipop at the same place.
3) Tweak authenticate.c from either source tree to put the mailboxes
        where you want them.  See
4) Copy the tweaked authenticate.c into the other source tree.
5) Compile both procmail and cucipop.
6) Install them and start using them.
6.5) Tell all your users to quite whining about "Leave mail on server"
        being broken.  It should be a one-time-only breakage, or not,
        depending on how cucipop is invoked, your choice.  Besides, LMOS
        is a Bad Thing.
7) Live happily ever after.

OR

1) Hack the source of whatever POP daemon you user to look in the new
        location.
2) Live moderately happily ever after, putting up with all the
        limitations in your current POP daemon.

Philip Guenther