Re: .vacation and this list

1997-06-26 06:51:00
On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Jack Lyons wrote:

One of the many mailing lists to which I subscribe is currently being
overloaded with loop-mail because someone on the list implemented the
.vacation mechanism on their account.  [...]

    I think this sort of phenomenon is an excellent argument for using
procmail in place of 'vacation'.  As long as you have minimal awareness
of what you are doing with procmail, you can avoid this very sort of
looping and still make a vacation response to legitimate non-list mail.
I'm no procmail weenie, and even I managed it in May.  (Just look in
the man pages.)

Paul                             <pobart(_at_)access(_dot_)digex(_dot_)net>
Paul O. Bartlett, P.O. Box 857, Vienna, VA 22183-0857, USA
Finger, keyserver, or WWW for PGP 2.6.2 public key
Home Page:  http://www.access.digex.net/~pobart