Procmail FAQ and Links pointer (pre-faq or pre-inf)

that has been posted as well.

Archive-name-to-be: mail/procmail-faq-pointer
Last-modified:      Fri Jun 27 20:35:31 1997 EET DST +0300
Posting-frequency:  I was thinking, every 17 days or so
Clarification:      (17 is the most random number)
Obfuscation:        (Call it that if you will)

The Procmail Mini-FAQ and its companion Procmail Links page are
available at the following locations:

  Procmail Mini-FAQ: <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/mini-faq.html>
  Procmail Links:    <http://www.iki.fi/~era/procmail/links.html>

This informational message is being sent out as a very informal test.
Please let me know what you think about this.
  My current plan is to send this out every 17 days and see how people
react. If nobody reacts in any way, I will probably continue to send
it out this way, and/or ultimately seek news.answers approval for this
notice.
  (I might not send it exactly 17 days from now -- sending is done by
hand after minor editing of the logs and I expect to be on vacation on
that particular date ... So additionally, there should not have been
too many changes seventeen days from now.)

I am living under the impression that the vast majority of Usenet is
not particularly fond of fetching FAQs from the news spool now that
there is a viable alternative. If you do not agree, and would rather
see that I post the entire FAQ instead of just this notice, please let
me know.

If you would like to receive the FAQ by electronic mail, send a
message with the Subject: header "send mini-faq.txt" to the address
    <era+pr(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi>

The Links page is not very useful if you do not have WWW access.
There is thus presently no mechanism in place for fetching that by
electronic mail.

/* era */

The following change log details recent developments over the last 17
days. The WWW version has a full change log which goes further back.

Mini-FAQ:

    date: 1997/06/27

       EXITCODE codes are in /usr/include/sysexits.h

    date: 1997/06/26

       Added a <meta base> tag -- this will break with some versions of
       Netscape but let the losers submit bug reports to Netscape instead
       (they could need a few, Netscape Communications, that is) and there
       +are+ working browsers available if you want them

    date: 1997/06/25

       Rehashed "advanced" as a general "how do i" section

    date: 1997/06/12

       formail failing when checking for duplicates

Links:

    date: 1997/06/27

       Another canned Alta Vista search; Phil Edwards' tutorial and Virtual
       Landlord in the howto section; Roman Czyborra's Rich and Famous page
       (in German, but still useful)

       Implemented version history for this file, too

    date: 1997/06/26

       More MIME FAQ pointers and a cleanup wrt faqs.org and ruu.nl --
       include landfield and ruu mirrors for FAQs where available (sendmail
       and Eli's addressing FAQ)

    date: 1997/06/25

       comp.mail{,.mime} FAQ and Emil pointers

    date: 1997/06/15

       Broke the tutorials section into newbie and howto subsections; HTML
       version of Tony Nugent's tutorial

       Lots of small changes, as well as a few new items:
       * Axel Zinser's han.de archive
       * Concordia's net.abuse links
       * spamkiller at http://www.cs.cuc.edu/~sopwith/nospam/
       * Useful things you can do with e-mail; Dr Bob (urgh) and email4u
         (urgh^2)
       Moved around a few things (Filtering Mail FAQ is back in
       tutorials; Net Access went to the net.abuse section)

    date: 1997/06/12

       Fetchmail FAQ

       Ian Sobroff's tutorial

       Barry Twycross is rich and famous

    date: 1997/06/07

       Jim D's tutorial is now somewhat HTML:ized

--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>