Re: why is this failing?

1997-07-11 15:26:00

:0Efhw
* ^(Comments: Authenticated sender is \(_dot_)promo(_at_)gfjrj\(_dot_)com|\
   From: noreply@|\
   To:(_dot_)*your(_at_)email|\
   To:.*you@|\
| $FORMAIL -I"X-SpamChecker: SpamHeaders"

OK, I think that this is OK, but it obviously isn't.  The log says:

procmail: Invalid regexp "^(Comments: Authenticated sender is
\(_dot_)promo(_at_)gfjrj\(_dot_)com|Content-Type: Commercial E-Mail|From:
noreply@|\"
procmail: No match on "^(Comments: Authenticated sender is
\(_dot_)promo(_at_)gfjrj\(_dot_)com|Content-Type: Commercial E-Mail|From:
noreply@|\"
procmail: Extraneous filter-flag ignored
procmail: Skipped "Received"
procmail: Skipped " ... etc.

I may be displaying my ignorance to the whole list, but I would take a
wild guess that you could fix it by preceding the recipe with

LINEBUF=16384                  # Needed to keep Procmail from choking on large
                               # lists of spam sites.

Saw this in a file by someone else which had recipes with similar format
to yours above.