Mailing list question...

1997-07-16 03:25:00
I'm running a little mailing list via Procmail, and I was wondering how
to use procmail and formail (or any other programs necessary) to prepend
something to the subject...  for example, I want to prepend "SpookInfo: "
to every subject header that goes to the mailing list so if someone
emails the list with the subject "Hi there folks!"  it goes to everyone
with the subject "SpookInfo: Hi there folks!".

Formail is extremely confusing for me and I've had trouble using it quite
frankly.. could someone explain how to do this for me?

My recipe for the mailing list is below, as well as the environment
variables set in the .procmailrc

---------------------------

LOGFILE=$HOME/.maillog  # these two are very important
VERBOSE=no              # we'll cover it in the next slide
PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail      # use this one if you use pine

# .spookinfo.list is simply a text file containing the emails of all members

     :fc
     * ^TOSpookInfo(_at_)uiuc(_dot_)edu
     | formail -I "X-Loop: SpookInfo(_at_)uiuc(_dot_)edu"
       :Awi
       ! `cat $HOME/.spookinfo.list`