Re: formail -k

1997-07-17 07:15:00
On Wed, 16 Jul 1997, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

is there any way to tweak formail so that includes the body of the
message sent,
but does so at the *end* of the message? formail -k includes it, but in
front of my included return message, and I want the message I'm
responding to at the end.
Sure, do this.  It I use this for an anti-spam recipe:

# This assigns the full message to the variable message
:0
MESSAGE=| cat

# this is a script that mails back a "go away" letter
# from domains on my bad list,
:0ch
* ? (formail -xFrom:) | fgrep -i -f $SPAMLIST
| (formail -r \
-A "X-Loop: msaroff(_at_)pca(_dot_)net" \
-A "Precedence: junk"; \
echo "     On the basis of previous mail that I have received from your";\
echo "domain, I have put the entire domain on my spammer list.  It seems";\
echo "that your sysop is not dealing with spam.  As such, I have set up my";\
echo "filters so that I'll never see your message.";\
echo "     Please note: I charge 500 US Dollars to proofread unsolicited";\
echo "commercial email, and responding to this message with any sort";\
echo "of advertisement or business solicitation constitutes acceptance ";\
echo "of these terms. ";\
echo "     If you feel that my filter is not appropriate, send me an email";\
echo "with the phrase 'I agree to pay 500.00 US Dollars' in the subject,";\
echo "and I will review the situation. ";\
echo "     Depending on the circumstances, I can take just you, or your";\
echo "entire domain off the list. ";\
echo " ";\
echo "--Matthew G. Saroff ";\
echo " ";\
echo "Your Message:";\
echo "---------- Forwarded message ----------";\
echo " ";\
echo "$MESSAGE";) | $SENDMAIL -t -oi

:0A:
$agis

--Matthew Saroff
p.s. BTW, your name rings a bell.  Do I know your name fromm somewhere?