large attachments

1997-07-17 10:33:00
Hi everyone.  I'm getting pretty good at using procmail for my own mail,
but now I want to do something for the whole system, and I'm hesitant about
messing with EVERYONE's mail!

I want to save attachments over a certain size, say 2mb's, to a special
folder in /tmp.  In place of this, i want the users recieving this mail to
get a mail from the system informing them that they recieved a large mail
and that they should call the office to arrange something.

What do you guys think?  It should be pretty trivial to set up, but I was
hesitant to do something, the way that procmail is, for the whole system
without checking on this list first...

Thanks

Barry J. Bocaner
<barry(_at_)gslink(_dot_)com>