Autoresponder use the alias name

1997-07-20 12:05:00
I'm new to procmail.

I suspect this is a basically simple task, but I'm unable to discob\ver
the solution.

We have a user, Fred

Fred has an aliasname - FredsApplianceStore

We set up an autoresponder to send replies - it is working OK.

If you mail to FredsApplianceStore(_at_)ihot(_dot_)com, we want this to show up
in
the From header the recipient receives - but the recipient is receiving
the text from /etc/passwd - the username and email address printed there
is placed in the "From" header, so they get something like
Fred Johnson <fred(_at_)ihot(_dot_)com>.

How can the autoresponder be written to show the exact name the mail was
addressed to and ignore what the /etc/passwd file says?

Thanks for any help/advice
--
                |            JEFF HALPER            |