Re: How to prevent this mail loop

1997-07-28 22:25:00
At 10:56 PM 7/28/97 -0400, Timothy J Luoma wrote:

There was a huge amount of blank space at the end, plus the body of the
message, which we don't need.  In fact, the entire thing looked like a spam
message.

It was indeed SPAM.  I agree with your sentiments.

:0c
* ! ^X-forwarded-to: saroff(_at_)vs\(_dot_)lmco\(_dot_)com
[snip]

Uhm, does this do ANYTHING for the bounce message?  I don't think so - see,
the X-forwarded-to header will be in the BODY of the bounce message.

Note: I think (although I am not 100% sure) that putting the standard
'duplicate-check'

      :0wh: .idfile.lock
      | formail -D 81920 .procmail.idfile

at the top would also help, but this is only a backup.

No, I think (though am not 100% :) ) that since the message FROM the MAILER
has it's own message ID, this won't work.  Also, if it did, you wouldn't be
recording the bounce itself, which would be a bummer.

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395