Re: forwarding mail with added headers

1997-07-29 06:49:00
On Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:12:53 -0400, Tom Deering <tmd(_at_)deering(_dot_)org>
wrote:
I would like to forward incoming mail to a new address with an extra header
or two.  I don't want to quote the mail, just forward it unchanged.
I figure I could use an autoreply recipe with the quote character set to
null.  And have Formail add the header need.

You don't need to fool around with the quote string.

    :0
    * conditions?
    | formail -I"X-Header1: added header" -I"X-Header-2: me too" | \
        $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS otheraddress

or possibly

    :0
    * conditions?
    {
        :0fhw
        | formail -I"X-Header1: added header" -I"X-Header-2: me too"

        :0
        ! otheraddress
    }

Even if you have an additional twist or two, you should find ample
examples of related techniques in the list archives.

Hope this helps,

/* era */

** Due to recent calamities at my University's Computing Central, I may
   not have received mail you sent me. If it was important, resend. Sorry.
--
Defin-i-t-e-ly. Sep-a-r-a-te. Gram-m-a-r.  <http://www.iki.fi/~era/>
 * Enjoy receiving spam? Register at <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam.html>