Re: forwarding mail with added headers

1997-07-29 07:58:00
Quoting Tom Deering (tmd(_at_)deering(_dot_)org):
I would like to forward incoming mail to a new address with an extra header
or two.  I don't want to quote the mail, just forward it unchanged.

I figure I could use an autoreply recipe with the quote character set to
null.  And have Formail add the header need.

Is there a better (simple) solution?

What quote character? I wasn't aware that procmail had a quote
character. If I understand you correctly, you just want to
forward everything to a new address with additional headers.
Try something like this:

:0c
| formail -I"X-Forwarded-by: you(_at_)your(_dot_)address"\
          -I"X-Another header: here" | $SENDMAIL you(_at_)new(_dot_)address

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone(_at_)itri(_dot_)loyola(_dot_)edu            finger, or email with