Re: GOOD GRIEF!!! Re: trying to preset Reply-To:

1997-07-31 08:41:00
On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Ron Card wrote:

I'll tell you what...  I just subscribed to this list a couple of days ago.
 It's going to be my shortest time on a list... EVER!

No Loss on our part, from what I can tell.

I don't know about the rest of you (actually, I'm afraid I may be the
exception to the rule) but I think all of this foolishness on such a simple
minded matter as appropriate contents of the "Reply to:" line, etc and who
gets copied on what, etc. is a TOTAL and COMPLETE WASTE of bandwidth.
Period.

Learn to use procmail.  It will auto-delete these threads for you if you
tell it too.

Good god, GET A LIFE!  With people dying and suffering and starving, is
this ALL you can do with your time?

And how is my enjoying my hobbies going to improve someone else's lot?
Somehow I seriously doubt watching the lightning above the South Mountains
is going to end starvation somewhere.  :->

AND...

HOW DARE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU PARTICIPATING IN THIS WASTE complain
about the spammers. I don't like to get their crap either. It's a real pain
when some slips in but at least I know that my filters work.

Just becuase you don't like a discussion, doesn't mean others don't like
it.  Or are unwilling to learn from it.

[snip some inane ranting]

And yes, I do volunteer myself...  at a school for the retarded and at my
church.  I hold a Ph.D. in Computer Science, and I am also the CEO of a
rapidly growing company.

I see you have mastered the cincept of humility.

I value my time. I'll find another way to learn
the finer points of procmail.  This is too big a waste of time.

Bye.  May you enjoy learning without benefit of the list.  Maybe that will
teach you humility.

--
Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
                -- Albert Einstein