Re: mime help

1997-08-05 21:45:00
Timothy J Luoma <luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org> wrote:
I am getting some mail from a nice person who doesn't know all that much
about MIME, etc.
[multipart/mixed with only text/plain parts]
This is just coming from one user, so I can match it pretty exactly.

Do you have metamail? That's how I deal with those. The filtering
happens after procmail, however. I think this will work:

:0
* From that special person
* And mutlipart
{
        # Some recipe to dupe headers, this one is not great
        :0fhw
        | perl -e '$/=undef; $_=<>; print; print;'

        # De-mime it. Might want to back up stuff before this.
        :0fbw
        | metamail -q
}

Metamail is availible as free Bellcore copyrighted Unix source. I love
catching people who claim that their Linux box has no AT&T source with
that one. NeXT probably has it, if not they should have the equivilent.

Elijah
------
I /dev/null dupes, no need to CC list posts.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.