Re: Cyberpromo named boot - list of domains to filter.

1997-08-15 08:21:00
I wouldn't be quite so rash in implementing blocks based on AGIS
addresses. There are a number of legitimate providers who buy bandwidth
from AGIS, and I, for one, have a number of correspondents who use
them. As an example, TDI3-DOM is at 206.42.132.0 through
206.42.133.255.

Certainly the number of legit domains downstream from AGIS will shrink
over time (as long as AGIS remains a supporter and supplier of spam
domains), but blanket exclusion will cause more problems.

No, I do not have a complete list of legit downstream resellers. If you
see one, please mail it to me, and post it here if you think that it is
within the groups charter.

--
Rik Kabel          Old enough to be an adult
rik(_at_)netcom(_dot_)com