Re: Cyberpromo named boot - list of domains to filter.

1997-08-17 09:13:00

On 15-Aug-97 Jim Reisert wrote:
Thank you for doing this work.

Can you please point me to a .procmailrc file which uses egrep on a text
file as you describe in your message?

While admittedly a bit on the "brute force" side, I've found the following
to work very well for me:

# Make LINEBUF large enough so we don't choke on the file

LINEBUF=16384

# Set a symbolic name for the file

BLOCKDOM=$HOME/procmail.spammers

# Now, scan FULL HEADER (case-insensitive) for any of the offending
# addresses

:0 hir
* ?egrep -isFf $BLOCKDOM
/dev/null

Note that the above recipe scans the FULL HEADER, so use it with some
caution, i.e., be careful what you add to your list of spam domains.

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads/