Re: winner: most neurotic use of procmail?

1997-08-21 11:17:53
"Timothy J. Luoma" <luomat(_at_)peak(_dot_)org> wrote:
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Eli the Bearded wrote:
Timothy J Luoma <luomat+procmail(_at_)luomat(_dot_)peak(_dot_)org> wrote:

So which are you? luomat or luomat+procmail? :^)

* B ?? alot
|sed 's/alot/a lot/g'
Wow, you are a real zealot. (Or should I use a different word?) That
Zealot is fine.

:r! echo zealot | sed 's/alot/a lot/g'
zea lot

Are you sure I shouldn't use another word?

Anyone else had neuroses of this type they'd like to share?
I autobounce blank email.
How?

# The mailserver puts the envelope recipient into the headers if it is
# not the same as the final recipient (eg forwarded domain). This is a
# rather non-standard practice.

EnvelopeTo=eli(_at_)netusa(_dot_)net
:0
{
  EnvelopeTo=$MATCH
}

# ....

:0
{
# ....

        :0B
        * !...
        | (echo "From: $EnvelopeTo" ; \
          formail -r -A"Precedence: junk" \
          -A"X-Loop: qz.little-neck.ny.us" ; \
          echo "Your blank message was received." ; \
          echo "Did you mean to say something?" ; \
          echo "" ; echo "Elijah" ;  echo "------" ; \
          echo "this has been an automated response") | $SENDMAIL -t

}

Elijah
------
I /dev/null dupes, no need to CC list posts.  It is not my responsibility to
prove to you my mail is not spam, if mail to you bounces it will not be resent.