Re: winner: most neurotic use of procmail?

1997-08-26 14:40:38
On Thu, 21 Aug 1997, Eli the Bearded wrote:
* B ?? alot
|sed 's/alot/a lot/g'
Wow, you are a real zealot. (Or should I use a different word?) That
Zealot is fine.

:r! echo zealot | sed 's/alot/a lot/g'
zea lot

So maybe the sed command should be something like this:

sed -e 's/ alot / a lot /' -e 's/^alot /a lot /' -e 's/ alot$/ a lot/ -e
's/^alot$/a lot/'

Does that do it?!  I think that if I did something like this I'd have
procmail append a little ``auto-corrections'' note to the bottom of
the message saying what changes procmail made.

  -Nancy

Obligatory neurosis: I'd like to change `e-mail' to `email' everywhere!

/Nancy McGough--Infinite Ink/---\---/-\---/---\http://www.ii.com/
           `-'