Re: locking the logfile -- how to?

1997-08-22 18:34:12

someone mentioned locking the procmail log file, so it won't be overwritten
-- or rather, _inter_written.

How is this done? (use small words, please, it's been a long week).

I'm sure someone will answer the question directly, but personally, I find
great benefit in having a separate log file per message, because when I
want to see why a message is not handled the way I want, I can easily find
its log entries.  And a side-benefit is that this also solves the
inter-writing problem and helps with the logfile size control problems,
though I wasn't thinking about those when I split the file.