Re: locking the logfile -- how to?

1997-08-23 12:45:54
        Author:         dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com (David W. Tamkin)

Can't you teach it to look for the appearance of a new file in the logfile
directory and to pop up for that?

Personally, I can't use Wesley's suggestion because of disk quota restric-
tions.  But if you own your own hardware and have the space, that's not a
problem for you.

As I (just) wrote in another followup, the app is pretty simple, it just
outputs 'tail -1f /path/to/logfile' into a window that hides after 30 idle
seconds.

The 'meat-axe' method works just fine for me anyway.

TjL