Credit card processing

1997-08-26 18:42:00
(Redirected by atco <rcard(_at_)atco-usa(_dot_)com>)
I hear a lot of people on this list say that they accept credit cards,
and was wondering what the typical deals/fees/pitfalls are involved in
setting up a merchant checking account.

Also, do most people deal with their local bank for this service, or are
there reputable national companies that give better deals.

And what's the difference/benefits between having one of the electronic
machines vs. the carbon slider thingies.

--
Thanks,

Lane Wyrick
lane(_at_)avalon(_dot_)net

P.S. I appreciate all the info on monitor calibration. I found out that
Studio1 has a product called CB-1 that's $9.95 and comes with a blue gel
for proper monitor calibration without blue-only mode. Not having to
purchase a new monitor saves me a lot of money that I could better spend
on...well, in the video business, we never lack for things to buy.