Re: Message tag suffix

1997-09-04 12:57:34
Bob Gahl wrote,

| Thanks, David!

De nada.

| The more I thought about it, the more I figured using the PID was
| the best solution, so thanks HEAPS for the warning about the $$
| passage. Since I couldn't be sure that each procmail invocation
| would generate a system unique identifier, the PID is pretty
| much guaranteed to be so.

Well, even if you don't run into the multiple host risk that W. Wesley
Groleau brought up, PIDs do get reused, whereas procmail's save-to-directory
feature will not reuse a filename that currently exists.  So it's a matter
of how quickly you can tolerate a repeat of the identifier.

(^^owner-trust-list@|^^trust-list-approval@|^^owner-trust-list-outgoing@|^^owner-trust-list-archive@|^^owner-trust-list-request@)
| { ... }

Yes.

| or can I "reduce" this to:
|
| :0
| * RECIPT ??
^^(owner-trust-list@|trust-list-approval@|owner-trust-list-outgoing@|owner-trust-list-archive@|owner-trust-list-request@)
| { ... }

Yes.  You could even reduce it to

  :0
  * RECIPT ?? ^^(owner-trust-list(-(outgoing|archive|request))?|\
                 trust-list-approval)@
  { ... }