Vacation Cache

1997-09-05 11:00:28
Perhaps this is a spimple questions as I'm relativly new. I've been using
the common cached vacation mail recipe.

:0 Whc: vacation.lock
* !^FROM_DAEMON
| formail -rD 8192 vacation.cache

:0 ehc         # if the name was not in the cache
| (formail -rA"Precedence: junk" \
   -A"X-Loop: adougherty(_at_)netdynamics(_dot_)com" ; \
cat $HOME/.vacation.message; \
echo ""; \
echo "-- "; cat $HOME/.signature \
) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t

Now, I assume that the cache is indefinate. Is there any way I could time
stamp the cache, so if someone doesn't send me mail for a month, the next
time they mail me, they get that vacation letter again. Thanks.

-Aaron Dougherty
 Sim Master
 Star Wars Simulation
 mailto:webmaster(_at_)swsim(_dot_)com