Re: Vacation Cache

1997-09-05 12:34:28
    > Perhaps this is a spimple questions as I'm relativly new. I've been using
    > the common cached vacation mail recipe.
    >
    > :0 Whc: vacation.lock
    > * !^FROM_DAEMON
    > | formail -rD 8192 vacation.cache
    >
    > :0 ehc         # if the name was not in the cache
    > | (formail -rA"Precedence: junk" \
    >    -A"X-Loop: adougherty(_at_)netdynamics(_dot_)com" ; \
    > cat $HOME/.vacation.message; \
    > echo ""; \
    > echo "-- "; cat $HOME/.signature \
    > ) | $SENDMAIL -oi -t
    >

    > Now, I assume that the cache is indefinate. Is there any way I could time
    > stamp the cache, so if someone doesn't send me mail for a month, the next
    > time they mail me, they get that vacation letter again. Thanks.

Put a timestamp into the cache.

An example of how to do this lives in "ackmail.rc", which handles both
vacation mode and "work" mode autoreplies.

The procmail recipe file "ackmail.rc" is part of my procmail library,
which you can get either by sending me an email with the subject of "get
procmail library", or by browsing my web page under the "mail" or
"depot" links.

Good luck.
Alan Stebbens <aks(_at_)sgi(_dot_)com>      http://reality.sgi.com/aks