Re: handle outgoing mail?

1997-09-10 14:30:22
On Wed, 10 Sep 1997 you (dattier(_at_)wwa(_dot_)com (David W. Tamkin)) wrote:
That's a somewhat different situation: your MUA apparently puts
addressees in visible places rather than in the positional parameters

No, it passes them as params in the usual way.  It's just that if I try
to pass them on through a chain of other scripts to sendmail they, er,
tend to get lost somewhere mysterious.  This way I understand what's
happening.

and you want to set the positional parameters to the addresses (though
it seems that you cannot send a Bcc: this way; well, that's easily cured
like this:

  :0h
ADDRESSES=|formail -zxTo: -xCc: -xBcc:

Thanks.  I was aware of the loss of Bcc: but had missed the point that
this can be so easily cured.  Clever old formail....

Thanks for the rest.  It's food for much thought.

But I still think it's odd that stopthatmail would want the entire
address list as a single parameter. I'm going to look into "$*" and
report back.

Looking forward to it.

el bid