un-spam in two ways?

1997-09-19 19:58:52
Rumagging around un-spamming sites, I found two sites which maintain all
needed procmail entries for spam.  Both sites must cope with spam themselves,
then offer their procmail code for use via
        INCLUDERC=...
within .procmailrc.  These files appear to weekly change as spam headers
change, saving me from daily adding to .procmail.

The first site is
         http://www.best.com/~ariel/nospam/
for which the primary addition to .procmailrc would be
        INCLUDERC=.../spam.rc

The second site is    http://alcor.concordia.ca/topics/email/auto/procmail/spam
, which offers an example .procmailrc
http://alcor.concordia.ca/topics/email/auto/procmail/samples/Main,
with the following INCLUDERC=... to uncomment out of the above .procmailrc,
 http://alcor.concordia.ca/topics/email/auto/procmail/spam/tag.html
 http://alcor.concordia.ca/topics/email/auto/procmail/spam/tag-radical.html,
the latter using the following INCLUDERC=... files
        http://alcor.concordia.ca/topics/email/auto/procmail/spam/tag-jdfalk-cy
berpromo.html
        http://alcor.concordia.ca/topics/email/auto/procmail/spam/tag-jdfalk-ll
v.html
        http://alcor.concordia.ca/topics/email/auto/procmail/spam/tag-jdfalk-na
ncynet.html

I will try the second set of procmail files above.  I could also try using a
non-procmail list, one of addresses only within procmail.

Since I have seen little in this procmail mail list about sites like
http://www.best.com and http://alcor.concordia.ca, I wonder if this is a
reasonable approach to catch spam.  Are pre-prepared procmail files from these
two sites reasonable, thorough, up-to-date for removing spam?

--
Jim Burt, NJ9L,         Fairfax, Virginia, USA
jameson(_at_)mnsinc(_dot_)com   http://www.mnsinc.com/jameson

"If merely 'feeling good' could decide, drunkenness would be the supremely
valid human experience."      --William James, Varieties of Religious
Experience