Strange problem encountered...

1997-09-20 02:02:20
Dear All,

I have experienced a very strange problem with procmail v3.10. I used it
for my own account and put the .forward and .procmailrc in my home
directory. Then, it filtered those junk mails as expected. Then, I deleted
all those two files and I could receive emails as usual. For the next
couple of days, there does not seem to be any emails going to my account,
and I wonder what has gone wrong. I tried login other accounts on the
same machine and mailed a message to my account, and the mails had
evaporated. The mail.log said that the message had been "Sent", and I
found no clue about it. Then I tried putting back .forward and
.procmailrc into my home directory again, and everything goes alright as
usual. As I am the system administrator, I know exactly that the machine
does not use procmail globally.

Has any of you guys experienced such problem before? And, if you do, do
you know how I can delete .forward and .procmailrc and resumes my account
to function as before?

daniel.